Though a few days late, I wanted to share my plans and goals for the month of March! The season of Lent/Spring can be pretty crazy at work with Easter and Holy Week approaching and therefore religious education and First Communion prep coming to a close. I see the light at the end of the tunnel and am so looking forward to summer and a bit more rest!
February goals (recap):
- Start Rediscover Jesus for Lent (started but didn’t really do it–started reading A Life with Karol and love it!)
- Do a weekly holy hour during Lent (Did this once)
Go to confession!
- Start some type of family prayer for Lent (Maybe a decade/day?) (I pray with Jimp every night before bed but that’s about it. Want to get better about this still!)
Go to the zoo. We were gifted a membership last year. We need to take advantage of it a few more times before it expires! Go to the library story hour (My mom took Jimpy and he seemed to enjoy it!)
Finish painting kitchen (cabinets, walls)Still have a few touch-ups to do, but I’ll take it! Replace all kitchen hardware
Complete the Whole30!Recapped here Continue with meal planning for the month and try three new recipesNew meals included: butternut squash soup with coconut milk, blackened mahi, and grilled chicken wings (I didn’t really follow any recipes, but at least we were adventurous and tried something new!) Finish reading The Paleo Solution: The Original Human DietAlso read: It Starts with Food.
- Massage (pure laziness on my part–this just isn’t that important to me I guess!
Now onto March:
March has been so busy so far with Spring Break and Holy week approaching! This past weekend ,we also celebrated the first of 3 weddings we’ll be attending within the next couple of months, which was lovely!
- Go to confession
- Celebrate Holy Week and Easter with family
- Attend daily Mass at least once a week (This has worked well the past few weeks, actually).
- Finish reading A Life with Karol
- Celebrate my sister-in-law’s bachelorette in Fredericksburg next weekend! Can’t wait!
- Start some sort of family prayer
- Go on family walks at least 5 days a week (we do this often already but I want to make it a regular part of our routine!)
- Plant more seeds for veggies and plant a few more herbs (so far we have a few seedling for squash, cucumbers and chard and I planted parsley and cilantro in pots).
- More yard work/gardening (just want to maintain what we have and keep it from getting overgrown!
- Continue eating healthily, limiting grains, sugar, and dairy.